July 27, 2012

Dark Chocolate - Cherry - Coconut Granola

YUM. I had bookmarked this recipe ages ago. I was a little unsure of the coconut but went ahead and added it anyway. This granola is delicious. I ate it plain and mixed into greek yogurt for breakfast. I had gotten a HUGE brick of dark chocolate from a co-worker at the end of May. She had received it as a gift from a student and didn't want it. It's been in the freezer since then.

I saw dried cherries at one of my recent visits to our new Trader Joes and picked them up. With two of the ingredients on hand I had to make this granola! Follow the link for the recipe. I left the flax seed out this time but will add it in the future. I wanted to make sure we liked the granola and would be making it again before I bought it. This granola base is so good- you could mix any any combo of nuts and dried fruits that you like. But this mix is delicious! It makes a lot of granola...

Also I baked mine for 20-25 minutes to dry it out a little more. I think I used 1 1/2 cups of dried cherries and it was plenty. I thought there was a lot of chocolate in there so I might reduce it to 6 oz next time.

No comments: