January 28, 2008
Wilson LOVES to help cook. He helps me make dinner almost every night. Tonight, we were making Maw and Paw's famous Chicken Veggie Pasta. One of my longtime favorites! Wilson peeled all of the carrots for me! He did a really great job too! He is all the time saying I can do such and such now that I am 4. He has even tried chewing gum, and didn't swallow it! After peeling the carrots he proceeded to eat many pieces of raw carrot and broccoli. He is such a good eater!
Poor Luke, he still doesn't feel good. He's had a rough day with not feeling well. He is pitiful. Still the awful cough and now a runny nose to go with it. Hang in there Lukie! This week is a 5 day week at school. Not so sure I'm going to make it!
January 27, 2008
*The 3 day week at school felt like a really LONG week! Not sure how, with it only being 3 days... Hoping this week goes at a faster pace!
* I'm not looking forward to my day of laundry and schoolwork. Lots to do! That's why I'm blogging.
* We went over to my mom and dad's house for a short visit last night. Aunt Terry had bought 3 new remote control cars! Wilson and Luke were so excited they could hardly eat dinner before our visit. We had a blast!
* Wilson told me today that he wants to make jam with me. Totally out of the blue. I've made jam once ever on my own! Don't know where he heard about that! So I told him we'd go to a strawberry patch this summer and make jam together!
* Wilson is officially signed up for Preschool and Teeball!! Yea!
* Wilson has started making up stories to tell me. They are so cute! He talks really quietly, so he's a little embarrased. Today he made one up about a mean farmer at the strawberry patch! He cracks me up...most of the time!
* Luke is getting to be such a big boy! He is finally cutting two more teeth up top. Only 2 more to go on the bottom. He loves pushing his baby and Henry around the house in the stroller he got from Cara and Jason for Christmas. He also loves trains. He's really into this book we checked out at the Library. I totally have to buy it. It's a great book! It's called Hey! Wake Up! By Sandra Boynton. We have a lot of her books!
Off to change the laundry...
January 23, 2008
January 22, 2008
It was Luke's first real time to get to play in the snow. He learned real fast how to throw snowballs at Wilson and Lottie. This was also the first snow we've had that is really good for making a snowman. The boys were very excited about building and decorating the snowman even though he didn't last very long.
* Andy will be so proud of me. I used to have a really hard time picking favorites in anything. So hard to pick just one. But I'm getting better at it!
January 21, 2008
I went to a back doctor today for an evaluation. They came to our school last week and did scans on our backs along with a free chair massage. Out of the 12 areas checked, I had 1 ok (green area). The rest were purple and red. So I had many areas that were almost spasm areas because they were red. Green is good, then yellow, then purple and finally red. So needless to say I'm stressed and tense! At the evaluation today I had to fill out lots of paperwork and they checked along my spine for tender areas. Then lots of x-rays. Apparently my back is full of knots. (I guess that is why I'm always asking for back massages, Andy!). The doctor said I needed some relief TODAY so they did this electric stimulus thing by attaching two patch things on my upper back. Then they turned it on and it felt tingly. After a few minutes some of my muscle felt like they were rolling the knots out. I don't know if that is a spasm or what. They also had a moist heat pack on my upper back/shoulder area. It did give me some relief but it is back to hurting. I'll return this week to hear their recommendation for me and see the results of the x-rays. It would be great if my neck and shoulders didn't hurt and always feel so tense!
January 20, 2008
Also, he has his preschool visit on Wednesday! I'm really hoping I can leave school for about an hour to meet him and Andy there. I'm so excited that he will be starting school in September! He sure is growing up!
Height: 41 1/4 inches (69 percentile)
Weight: 41 pounds (88 percentile)
Height: 35 inches (65 percentile)
Weight: 29 pounds (66 percentile)
Luke had a pretty good growth spurt over the past 6 months. His height and weight percentiles increased quite a bit! His head circumfrence is in the 99 percentile!
After talking to the nurse and doctor we had the dreaded shots. Luke had to get 1 shot which was pretty painless compared to Wilson's 4 shots. They were both pitiful- but more so Wilson since his kept coming. He was screaming and crying and kicking - it took Daddy and 2 nurses to hold him down. He kept yelling "stop, that hurts". He was brave though! They both got a sucker at the doctor and then we took them to Panera for a treat. Luke picked out a pumpkin muffie and Wilson picked a cinnamon roll.
What was really pitiful was how sore Wilson's legs have been. We gave them both motrin that afternoon. Wilson woke up in the night with his legs hurting so we gave him more motrin. Then he limped a little the next two days saying his legs hurt because the nurse bruised him with the shots. They must have hurt because he generally doesn't complain about pain once the initial shock is over. So he had a few more doses of motrin which helped some.
Today we're home from church due to bad coughs and congestion. Wilson and Luke both have a terrible sounding cough, but at this point it is just a cold. Wilson slept horribly, waking up at least 3-4 times in the night. He was having trouble breathing. Hopefully these will just stay colds and not turn into anything else.
January 17, 2008
I'm feeling panicky.
I have a lot to do.
I still have a list of things to do for the entry I started in November.
I have 3 other entries to write.
It is due March 31.
I don't know how I will get it all done.
I could go on and on but I have to get back to work.
Breathe in, breathe out, repeat.
January 12, 2008
January 6, 2008
Luke will be getting crocs too with Dora things from Wilson to fit in his crocs. We're having a joint party on Saturday for family at my sister's house. Wilson's b-day is the 7th, Caroline's is the 10th, and Luke's is the 13th. It's too hard to have 3 separate parties in 1 week's time! So this is our first year to combine them. We'll have 3 cakes! Wilson now wants a fire truck party. I think I'll do Thomas the Train for Luke. Mimi and Poppy ordered him more Thomas the Train lego sets. My mom and dad have some type of fire truck for Wilson and rain boots for both of them for playing outside! That way we don't have to worry about their shoes staying clean. Clean shoes and boys? Not so much.
Andy and I keep telling ourselves the next baby WILL NOT be born in January. Period.! So this Spring we might just avoid each other!! When we got pregnant with Wilson we had been trying for 4 months. Luke was a TOTAL surprise!! So baby #3 will. not. be. born. in. January.
January 3, 2008
January 2, 2008
Last night at 10pm, I was laying in bed reading. Andy was on the look out for school closings. I figured I wouldn't know anything until morning. He came in and turned off my alarm and said school's out! I read a lot longer than I would have otherwise and was very thankful for one more day! Wilson and Daddy went outside in the 9 degree weather this morning - for just a little while! The wind chill was -7! When they came in Wilson had some hot chocolate. Since, we've been to the library to check out new books, Dillards to try and find new shoes - success for Wilson! Still can't find a store with either of their sizes in a brown shoe. Wilson chose new tennis shoes. They are quite ugly! They are leather Nike tennis shoes with some lime green and black on them. He LOVED them and could get them on and off really easily. So he wore them out of the store! They are part of his birthday present from Mimi and Poppy. I'll have to post at picture of them later. The camera battery is charging! Andy and I kept mouthing/whispering how ugly we thought they were...but that is not a battle to fight! There are plenty of other things I tell him no to so I thought what the heck!
January 1, 2008
School starts tomorrow. Unless we have a snow day! My street is covered in snow so maybe... Anyway I went to the walk-in clinic today and got a z-pack for bronchitis. Yuck. I didn't manage to keep from getting sick. I fought it for a while! With this new year ahead of us I thought I'd tell you about 2 new things I'm using these days. I love them!
1. Facebook- I have gotten "in touch" with over 50 friends in the last few weeks on Facebook. I love it! It is a quick, easy way to stay in touch with tons of people. I've found friends I grew up with, went to high school/church/college with etc. Love it! If you want to look into it and possibly get a profile page go here.
2. Google Reader- I read about google reader on Sarah's blog. I thought it sounded convenient and something I should try but never got around to it...until this week! I love it! It has all of the blogs I check in one spot now. Like a blog inbox. It tells me which blogs have been updated so I don't have to check all the blogs I read to see if they were updated or not. Love it! Huge time saver. I know I could just not read the blogs, but what fun would that be? Then I wouldn't see all the great pictures or know what is going on in everyone else's life! I'm addicted to reading several blogs now! If you want to try google reader, go here!