July 19, 2012

Some new recipes!

I keep meaning to update but we are staying busy this summer! I've tried several new recipes and some are keepers.

Stuffed Peppers Enchiladas- These were delicious to me...they are stuffed with quinoa, black beans, diced green chilies, cheese, and drizzled in enchilada sauce. Andy liked the filling but didn't so much care for them in the peppers. I have since made the quinoa filling as a side to go with honey lime grilled chicken. I like scooping the quinoa up with tortilla chips. Yum!

Lemon Dessert- This was so good! I have made this with chocolate pudding countless times (aka Mountain Mama Mudslide, one of Andy's faves) but wanted to try the lemon for summer. It was delicious! I want to make it again!

Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies-  Oh Yes I Did! I saw this pin and had to make them for my dad. Growing up oatmeal creme pies were always in the cookie jar.  The cookies were delicious. They were thin which was good when you are stacking two with frosting. Dad thoroughly enjoyed these as did the boys. I didn't actually eat one made into a pie. I did try a bite of one with frosting and they were good! Loved the plain oatmeal cookie though.

Ranch Potatoes-  So I actually changed this recipe more than I realized. The link is Zesty Italian Potatoes. But at the grocery I was thinking Ranch...so I bought a packet of the powder ranch dressing. After cubing the potatoes and dumping them in a large ziploc bag I drizzled some olive oil on them. Then sprinkled the ranch powder on. I baked them at 400 for about 30-40 minutes until they were done. YUM! I've made this at least 3 times...didn't add parmesan cheese either. They don't need it!

No comments: