May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! We celebrated Friday night as a family. I chose to eat at Red Robin since we'd never tried been there. It was fun! Then we went to Lowe's and picked out a new stove and hood. On Saturday Andy installed the new stove and hood and I used it to make dinner- chicken enchiladas. I'll have to share that recipe -it's one of our favorites. I love the new stove! I've been wanting a new stove for a couple years. I finally have a smooth top stove! Last night I was reading the owner's manual in bed to learn how to take care of the top. Today I made oven roasted veggies for our mother's day cookout at my sister's and muffins for my mom. So I've definitely broken it in this weekend. We had a great evening at Cara and Jason's and a delicious dinner. Andy just did all of bathtime with the big boys so I got a night off from helping with that. It's been a nice mother's day! Here is a picture of my new stove. I owe Andy some chocolate chip cookies for installing this now!!

No comments: