July 22, 2011

Tilapia

Last night I made a very delicious fish recipe! I haven't had a lot of luck with fish recipes before but this one I will make again. I found it on allrecipes.com. Andy & I both really enjoyed the fish.

Marinade:
2 shallots, minced --I just used 2t minced dried onion
2 T chopped garlic
2 T fresh oregano --I just used 2t dried oregano
2 T while sugar -- I used splenda instead
2 T olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T lime juice
2 T tequila - optional --I omitted
1 t salt
1 t pepper
4 tilapia fillets

Directions:
1. Comine all the ingredients except tilapia in a gallon sized ziploc bag. Shake to combine. Add the tilapia and store in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, turning every 30 minutes.--I marinated ours for about an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Arrange fish on foil and discard remaining marinade.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments: