July 20, 2010

Teaching - Year 10

So I can't believe I'm coming up on my tenth year of teaching. That sounds crazy to me. I did start young but I don't feel like I'm old enough to have been in my career long enough to start year 10! Maybe 5...definitely not 10! I'm very pleased with what I've accomplished in my teaching years so far - Master's degree, National Board, supervised student teachers and practicum students, and started a club last year. All while making babies with Andy and growing our family! There is no way I could have done this without my family and the support they give me. Andy and I have found a way to make it work with kids, jobs, stress etc. It's not always easy but we've made it work. I'm thankful to him for the countless times he's told me it will all be ok, we can get through this, and life will get easier! My mom has been another huge supporter and given me the courage I needed to return back to work after maternity leaves, get through the National Board panic attacks, and keep tackling school stress day after day.

I'm thankful to be at a wonderful school and have so many friends at my workplace. The upcoming school year is full of change. New staff, new staff roles, new teammates, new math curriculum, new students...you get the idea! Lots of change - which can be good. But it also makes me a little anxious. I will continue the club, serve on SBDM council, have a student teacher in the fall, and be a national board mentor. I'm trying to wrap my mind around a new year and the fact that summer time will be over next week.

I can't believe Andy and I will have a 1st grader in our house!

No comments: