November 13, 2010

Downstairs Bathroom

This is the before shot...so glad it doesn't look like this anymore!


Greenboard for the sink/toilet area.


Andy's fantastic drywall job - this will be a closet! Tub is on the right.


The beautiful tile I love. Plus my chuck's. Which I also love. But notice the floor around the tile -clean and level for the tile job!


First Andy redid the plumbing, behind the scenes work that you might remember from the previous posts. The old cast iron pipes have been replaced with PVC pipes. Then came floor leveling after repairing the concrete he had to drill up. Now he has been drywalling and sanding...repeat, repeat, repeat. The new drywall is primed, the light/fan combo is installed, and he is working on the tile today. Next comes painting- we picked out a putty color like a khaki with a hint of gray in it if that makes since. I love our tile choice! The bathroom is going to look so nice. We picked out an espresso colored vanity, mirror, and cabinet to hang over the toilet at Lo*we's. I told Andy I might just start getting ready downstairs in this bathroom! Ha!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks great! You're so lucky to have a very handy husband!

JDWhipple said...

Looks good, if you ever need any help or tools, just let me know.