February 20, 2012

I love 3 day weekends!

Having an extra day off makes all the difference. I feel like I actually get something done! We've had a good weekend. We were hopeful for some snow to play in but that didn't pan out. So Sunday afternoon we pulled out the couch bed and made popcorn for the boys to be cozy during a movie. It was fun. I cleaned the refrigerator (checked that off my 20 in 2012!). I've been doing laundry and more cleaning today. The boys are playing with a friend right now- Legos, Wii, outside, etc and having a blast. It's loud but they are having fun! I took a nap on Sunday and got to sleep in one morning. It's been a relaxing weekend.  Saturday night my small group prepared dinner for a group of homeless men from our community. Once a month our church hosts Room in the Inn during the winter months. The men come to stay at the church for 1 night and get dinner, breakfast, and a sack lunch. It's a great ministry. My small group has done a dinner for this once a year for the last four years. We always do meatloaf, baked potatoes, oven roasted veggies, rolls, & dessert. I always bring the veggies. I think the meal was a hit with the men! February is flying by- I can't believe how fast it is going. Seems like January just ended to me.

No comments: