May 22, 2010

Chicken Veggie Pasta

This is one of my long time favorite recipes. I don't think I've posted it on the blog before - can't remember! This has been a favorite of mine since I was in middle school I think. I used to ask for this at my grandparent's house when they would make my birthday dinner or something for a special occasion. The recipe originally came from my Aunt Susan, not sure where she got it! So it is a family recipe. Andy loves this as well and so do the boys!

Chicken Veggie Pasta
1/4 c. margarine
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
2 c. broccoli florets, chopped small
1 c. carrots, sliced
2 c. chicken, diced & cooked
1 c. pea pods (I usually leave these out)
1/4 c. green onions, sliced
1 c. water
2 T cooking sherry
2 tsp. chicken bullion
1/2 tsp tarragon
1/4 c. Parmesan, shredded
2 T water
1 T cornstarch

Cooked spaghetti

Melt margarine. Saute garlic 1 min. Add broccoli and carrots, cook 5 min. Add chicken, peas, onions, water, sherry, bullion, tarragon. Cook 3-5 minutes until veggies are crisp/tender. Combine cornstarch and water. Mix into veggies to thicken sauce. Serve over hot pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

No comments: