August 14, 2007

2 days down!

The first two days are done! I have survived both teaching, running, and waking up at 5:15. I'm hoping to move wake up time to 5:30 and still make it to school by 7am with getting ready and running. I've actually kind of enjoyed running these past two days. (shocking, I know!) I have been sore today, believe me. My shins are so sore that when I walk it is kind of like I'm flopping my foot down or something. Sounds weird, I know. I now have 24 students as one moved out of our district into a new school. My class seems like it will be a great group of students. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better and getting them into our daily routines. Teaching the procedures and routines are so important but it is so much better when all of that is in place and they know how 2nd grade works.



Wilson had a great 1st day at school with his friends and Ms. Holly. He will go back tomorrow. He was a little clingy at drop off but Andy said he did great.



Luke had his follow-up appointment with the ENT today and his ears are doing great! He passed his hearing test and will go back in 3 months for another checkup.



Andy was able to get some work done for church with Wilson being at school on Monday. I think the schedule for this school year should work out nicely for him.



Last night we went hiking at a nearby park. It has a walking path, a picnic table, and a long swing. We had a good time. I had never been there before and neither had Wilson and Luke. I'm attaching a picture from our adventure!

No comments: