August 23, 2007

Me vs. The Roast

Well, one of my goals this year is to make 1 meal in the crockpot each week. Today was my first time to try it this school year. I've used my crockpot over the years but I have never used it for pot roast until today. I've always been afraid to make a pot roast because I didn't know how. It was easy! I found a recipe on the internet and voila! But, if you had seen me with the roast this morning, you probably would have been laughing at me. You see, I have issues with meat. Not everyone knows this about me. I did great getting the carrots, potatoes, water, soup mix into the pot. Then came time for the meat. I have never bought a roast before. Andy bought this one and I hadn't seen it until this morning. It was huge. I don't even like to deal with raw chicken. This was pushing it. I had to use tongs to get it out of the package- difficult, since the meat was so big. Then trying to dredge it in flour was hard using only tongs. So, I had to cover my other hand with a baggie, then I was able to turn it over. I really didn't know if I was going to be able to eat it. Thankfully many hours passed and when I came home from work the house smelled delicious. I ate dinner, meat and all, and it was wonderful. The meat was juicy, not overcooked or dry. The carrots and potatoes were just right, and we had biscuits (with honey) to go with it. It was great! Maybe next time Andy can put the meat in for me. It still gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Boo said...

You crack me up! I can just see you in the kitchen with a baggy on your hand!!!