October 31, 2009

Cheesy Veggie Soup

I've gotten a lot of good recipes from co-workers. I love when we have snack days and people bring various foods to share. I've gotten a lot of good recipes this way! I'm glad I finally made a pot of this soup at home!

6 cups water
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cups diced potato
2 cups diced celery
salt and pepper

Pour these ingredients into a large pot. Cook for about 20 minutes on med-high heat.

Now add:
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
1 1/2 pounds velveeta, cubed (used 1/2 less fat velveeta)
1 1/2 bags california blend frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
Turn heat down so you don't burn the cheese on the bottom of the pan (I'm not saying I did this or anything...). Cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.

No comments: