September 14, 2007

Not much going on...

There just hasn't been much to post about lately! We've been busy! School is still all consuming (when will it not be?) and Andy is busy getting youth back into the Fall swing of things. Wilson is going to school 3 days a week and Luke is keeping busy with helping daddy at work and playing lots!

The boys are doing fine. We did have a pretty bad biting incident last Sunday. I stepped out of the living room into the kitchen and immediately heard Luke screaming. Wilson had bitten him so hard he broke the skin. It was awful. Luke was crying so hard and I had to take Wilson to his room for time (and the a spanking after I calmed Luke down) out and the put ice on Luke's back where he was bitten. Wilson never bit until he somehow learned it from Luke. Not sure how Luke knew about biting! Anyway, Luke still has an awful spot on his back from the bite. It is pitiful. Tonight, Wilson threw a Lego at him and he has a swollen spot on his upper lip. It was only a few weeks ago that Will threw a sippy cup at Luke and he had a bruise on his face. Clearly Wilson is having some issues. We deal with them the best we can. He is such an intense little guy. Any suggestions? Do tell! As I mentioned here, in John Rosemond's recent article he says if you want children to get along, make them share a room. Andy and I would like to try it in January when Luke can move to a big bed. Spankings, time outs, and taking toys away just haven't been enough.
Tonight we had a very delicious dinner eating some of our most recent farm fresh veggies. We had hoppin' john and okra (sooo good!) Wilson ate an entire cucumber and I had a few strips of fresh red pepper which was also sooo good! The okra and red pepper just tasted better than they ever do from Wal-Mart! We also got acorn squash, zuchinni, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and swiss chard. The farm is having a potluck and harvest tour for the CSA members in October. I think it would be fun to take the boys to the farm. We'll see.
About two weeks ago I started re-reading Harry Potter. I had read books 1-3 several years ago and just never finished because I forgot too much of the story. I've now read and finished book one and went to rent the movie tonight but it was already gone. It'll have to wait! I really enjoyed the first book (again) and have already started book 2. If you haven't read them, you should! I read right before I go to sleep, when the house is quiet :) and often fall asleep while reading so it might take me a while to get through the rest of the series!
Happy Birthday to Heather, Jenn, and Erin!
* Have you ever tried the Betty Crocker Brownies with cookie topping? You totally should! I made them for my small group Wednesday to celebrate Heather's b-day and we thought they were delicious. (Don't remind Andy that I was a little disapointed when he couldn't find the type of brownie I requested! These were WAY better- don't worry, I gave him credit!)

No comments: