February 22, 2009

Weekends are too short!

Friday-
We went to get paint for all the touchups. We needed more paint for the LR and trim work. We found the same color we'd bought at Sears years ago. Drove around and looked at a couple houses. Crossed one off the list! Found out that 2 of the homes we were interested in were having open houses on Sunday. Went to Qdoba for takeout. Planned out weekend. I was so thankful Andy's ski trip for all day Saturday was cancelled because we had a lot to do!

Saturday-
Andy did lots of paint touch-ups around the house (bathroom, master bedroom, living room, hallway, kitchen). It was too cold for me to paint the garage door. I became unconscious in the afternoon (this happened to me last Saturday too!) and could not open my eyes. The lack of sleep from this week sure hit me hard. Made a quick, easy all american dinner of classic hamburgers, homemade fries, and gala apple slices. Got ready for Ty's baptism - outfits, food, etc and watched Hitch on tv with Andy. To make the fries just cut 6 med potatoes into french fries. Put in large ziploc baggie. Toss 2 T melted butter, 2 t oil, 1-2 t seasoned salt and mix. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 450 for 20-25 minutes, stirring once.

Sunday-
Ty's baptism was wonderful. I'll post pics soon! We had an easy lunch afterwards for family. I ordered a 3 foot sub from Blimpie's and then Cara brought chips, mom and Maw brought fruit and cookies. With all of their help lunch was a breeze. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food. After lunch my mom and dad took the boys to their house for a fun afternoon (3 whole hours!!). Andy and I went to one open house, tried to go to the 2nd and it wasn't open even though the sign was posted that the open house was indeed today from 2-4!!, and then came home and cleaned. We got all 3 bedrooms picked up, dusted, and vacuumed. Sheets changed in 2 of 3 bedrooms and the LR picked up but not cleaned yet. It felt so good to get that done. Tonight after I picked the boys up we ran by Target, ate leftovers, built Legos, watched part of Toy Story, and then I gotthem to bed. Now I need to do menu planning/grocery list and get myself ready for school tomorrow.

No comments: