September 14, 2009

1 Year Check-Up

Ty went to the doctor today for his 1 year checkup. He had a great visit other than the two shots that hurt his feelings! He also had stranger anxiety which was a first - sometimes he doesn't want people to take him from his mommy or daddy but today as Dr I got near him he'd start crying! I talked to Dr. I about Ty's non-interest in any type of sippy cup so far. The I'm-not-going-to-drink-out-of-this-non-boob-thing syndrome. (Well, maybe not in so many words). He suggested trying a regular cup! Why hadn't I thought of that?! Tyler is such a determined little guy - of course he wants to start from a cup (and will hopefully then switch to sippy cups later). He tried his whole milk tonight and did well from the big boy cup. I cut the afternoon feeding today. Yay! Now just the morning and night to work out of our routine over the next 2 weeks.
Height: 31 1/4 inches (87%ile)
Weight 24 pounds, 7 oz (72%ile)
Head: 50cm (99%ile) My Tyler, what a big brain you have!!

No comments: