October 24, 2008

Spicy Shredded Pork

I hope you all don't mind my recipe posts. I love trying new recipes and sharing ones that we enjoy. I love reading recipes and finding new ones to try. It's definitely something I enjoy when I have time - I guess it's a hobby of mine! I saw this recipe on my favorite food blog, Annie's Eats. Yes, you'll keep hearing about this blog! Cara also tried the recipe and said they really enjoyed it so I put on the menu for this week. Cara told me she cooked it in the crockpot so that's what I did - so easy! I'm just going to link you to the recipe here. I left out the water since I cooked it in the crockpot. I put it in around 9:30 this morning and when I checked the pork around 4:30 it was definitely done. At that point I shredded the meat (which just fell apart) and turned the crockpot to 'keep warm' until we were ready to eat. We ate the pork on flour tortillas with cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. Yummy! I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers tomorrow night!

*Since I have such ridiculous meat issues, I asked Andy to trim the fat and get the meat ready for me. Thankfully, he was willing or I don't know what I would have done. Oh, and the recipe says to rub the sauce all over the pork. NO way. Just put it in the crockpot, pour the sauce over and use a spoon to make sure it is all over the meat! Does ANYONE else think raw meat is completely disgusting? Is anyone else unable to think of where the meat they are eating comes from while eating it? Maybe it's just me...

1 comment:

jejic said...

Eli calls it "slimy". Like, "Mommy are we having slimy tonight?" Nasty huh. Yeah - I think it is the grossest ever.