Here is my attempt to write 100 things about me and my family. In no particular order, just the randomness from my head!
1. I met Andy when I was in the 5th grade.
2. He was my ‘boyfriend’ in the 6th grade. We barely spoke to each other!
3.We were dating in 10th-11th grade.
4. He still gives me a hard time for breaking up with him the summer before our senior year of high school.
5. We started dating again our junior year of college.
6. That was after he made me wait a year for him to give me another chance!
7. We went out for a month before we became engaged.
8. I helped pick out the ring. A lot of you probably don’t know that!
9. And you know the rest of that story.
10. My favorite color is purple.
11. I like to read. Once I start a book I read in all my spare time until it’s done.
12. I can play the clarinet.
13. I teach at the school I attended elementary school at.
14. I have my master’s degree in elementary ed with a specialization in reading and writing.
15. I wish my master’s was in Moderate/Severe Disabilities.
16. I was always afraid I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant.
17. I have two wonderful boys who mean the world to me.
18. I love bagels from Panera.
19. I’m working on my National Board Certification- it is going to kick my butt.
20. I hope I pass NBC in one year but will be happy if I pass in two years.
21.I get easily overwhelmed.
22. I have anxiety issues.
23. I knew I was going to have a yellow lab named Lottie before we rescued her!
24. In order to adopt Lottie we had to sign a contract stating she would not ride in the back of a pick-up truck!
25. Luke is my snuggler and he is so sensitive.
26. Wilson is tough. He is a sweetie too though. But I think his pain tolerance is higher than mine!
27. Wilson is really into Lego’s right now.
28. Luke loves his Thomas Lego trains.
29. I don’t think I could have a baby without an epidural.
30. I like to go camping.
31. I didn’t really like backpacking when I was 3 months pregnant with Wilson!
32. I love my small group.
33. I love my teaching team!
34. I have wonderful family and friends.
35. I have the best Maw and Paw a girl could ever dream of.
36. I can’t wait to meet Silas. I hope he let’s me hold him!
37. I can’t wait to meet Avery!
38. I don’t feel old enough to have been married and taught for 7 years.
39. Or to have 2 kids.
40. I wish I could sleep 8-9 hours every night.
41. I love sleeping in when I get the chance.
42. I like to cook.
43. I wish we had cable!
44. My favorite flower is a Gerber daisy. But I love roses, tulips, and many others.
45. I actually cried before my wedding over the bridesmaid bouquets.
46. My sister had to calm me down, telling me the flowers were beautiful.
47. I cried through saying my vows.
48. Andy and I had the perfect wedding for us on a very snowy evening!
49. I wish we would have at least 1 snow storm a winter. Why don’t we ever get a lot of snow anymore?
50. I wanted to be a drum major for my high school starting in the 6th grade when the band came to my middle school. I was drum major in the 12th grade!
51. My dad was a drum major too!
52. I can’t lie. I hate when I know others are lying.
53. I hate fakeness.
54. But I wouldn’t call people out on either. I hate confrontations.
55. We wish Andy’s parents would move back home.
56. No disrespect meant, but I am always thankful that Andy didn’t join the military like the rest of the males in his family.
57. Cara and I used to fight over everything.
58. She got the front seat of the car on even days, I got the front on odd days.
59. I love Dove chocolate.
60. I went to my 10 year high school reunion.
61. I still keep in touch with some of my friends from high school.
62. I wish we had a basement.
63. My next house will have a fireplace too, I hope.
64. I’ll probably have to trade my Jetta in for a minivan in the future.
65. I think I’ll be ok with that.
66. Then I’ll really look my age.
67. I love getting a back massage.
68. I hate waking up by 5:30 on school days.
69. Wilson was SO excited when I brought him some books home from the library the other day. 70. That made me happy!
71. I love the beach but I hate dealing with the sand.
72. I’d like to go on a cruise someday with Andy and the boys if it’s a Disney cruise!
73. Sometimes I wish I’d had the nerve to go away to college. Or to live in a bigger city for a while (Chicago or Atlanta or something!)
74. I want to go to NY sometime.
75. This is harder than I thought it would be.
76. Friends is my all time favorite TV show.
77. I really like Grey’s Anatomy too. (I hate the writer’s strike.)
78. I like keeping up with my friends and family’s day to day life on their blogs.
79. Grammar mistakes bug me, but I can never get apostrophes in the right spot!
80. I like being at home. But I love to go out with my husband or friends too!
81. I hate spiders.
82. If I wasn’t a teacher, I would have been a neo-natal nurse, like my aunt. I just didn’t think I could do the whole hospital thing.
83. I almost have 9 nieces and nephews. One is due this spring and Silas will come home soon we hope.
84. When I was pregnant with Luke I was sick the whole pregnancy. I remember celebrating over not throwing up for 3 days in a row.
85. I love when people write comments on the blog!
86. I’m trying to grow my hair long.
87. Andy asked me to for years. I caved. And I like it!
88. My nickname for Andy is Drew. I picked that up from his dad.
89. I’m also thankful that Andy didn’t go to medical school. He listened to God’s call and he is a wonderful Youth Pastor.
90. I kind of have a rebellious nature. Andy would totally agree. I don’t like to feel like people are telling me what to do. I get it from my mother.
91. My dad raised me to be an independent girl. I have a hard time admitting that I can’t do it all.
92. I have 5 tattoos.
93. Just kidding. I have zero. Just seeing if anyone made it this far.
94. I can drive a standard pretty well. I still get nervous on steep hills.
95. I’ve been to Ecuador.
96. I have meat issues. I don’t like to think about what I’m eating. Andy cuts all the raw chicken. I’ve made one pot roast and you can read about that adventure here.
97. One of my favorite stores is Ann Taylor Loft.
98. I love my new school uniform (it’s optional) Khaki’s and a CME shirt! No thinking required.
99. If you make it to the end, will you leave a comment?
100. I made it to 100! Thanks for reading!