November 14, 2008

7 more days

One week down! So hard to be away 5 full days. Wednesday I cried the whole way home - I'd had enough being away but I was able to get through the last two days without anymore tears. Unfortunately I'm getting slightly more used to being away during the day. Even though I hate it. I have my daily call to Andy to check in while I'm pumping and he will often hold the phone up to Ty so I can talk to him and hear him grunt! Some days Wilson or Luke talk to me too. That does help, just knowing what they are doing and how Ty is eating etc.

School has gone well, just getting my feet back on the ground STILL and there is always so much to do. It won't all get done. I'm doing the things I have to do to do my job well but some things just won't get done. And I'm learning to be ok with that, even if the rest of my teammates do get it done! I'm always eager to leave and come home to my boys. At this point it's hard to even bring work home because once Wilson and Luke are in bed I still have Ty. I refuse to give up any more time with him. Plus Andy and I need time to talk and hang out. So, with my bedtime goal of 9:30 there just isn't much free time in the evenings. Andy and I are getting our routine down of laying out the boys outfits, making lunches and coffee, and washing the bottles/pump at night. It sure makes the morning go smoother for both of us.

I've been so tired. Painfully tired. Waking up around 1am and 4am to feed Ty is kicking my butt. Then the alarm sounds at 5:15 (don't usually hear this one) and again at 5:30 when I have to get up. I'm still up right now so I can feed Ty again in a few minutes and hopefully only have to wake up once in the middle of the night tonight. Andy's uncle came over so Andy and I went to Chili's and I had a Mango margarita and chips and salsa. Andy got dessert. Then we went to Wal-Mart and bought some things. We got back home around 11:00. It was nice to have a "date" (hard to count Walmart as a date!). Ty slept in his carseat at both places and never made a peep!

No comments: