November 10, 2008

First Day Back

I survived! Leading up to this day was harder than the actual day itself. I cried several times in the last week over facing today. This morning my eyes teared up when I was feeding him and teared up again when I got home and scooped Tyler up and squeezed him. I missed my little sugar lump so much! I am much more accustomed to being away from the bigger boys but after 8 weeks of seeing them a lot I missed them too. The alarm sounded EARLY! 5:15 and again at 5:30 when I got up and ate breakfast and got ready. Right on schedule to feed Ty at 6:30 and walk out the door by 6:45ish. The morning worked out perfectly. Wilson and Luke stayed asleep which is the norm. I fed Ty around 3:30am last night so that was great too for him to be ready to eat at 6:30am. The school day was ok, I'm a little out of the loop and trying to get caught up on how some things are working now. My students were good and so glad to see me. I put on a smile and kept thinking of the verse from Sunday (which is now in my heading at the top) "This I know, that God is on my side."
Andy and the boys did great today! He said the day went very smoothly and little TW was great. He ate his bottles and let daddy get some work done. Wilson and Luke had good days at school. Thankfully I pulled leftover Shepherd's Pie from the freezer yesterday so dinner is easy tonight. I haven't set Ty down since I got home. He's sleeping in the Bjorn right now. Thank goodness for those!

2 comments:

Team Mitchell & Crew said...

Good job you! Expected I knew how you felt today....but never knew for certain. Good job! God is on your side! :) S-

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear it went well! Only about two more weeks until Thanksgiving break!!