April 15, 2009

It's really going to happen!

We're really going to move! I've been skeptical after all that happened last spring with the house we almost bought. I was afraid that with inspections etc something might not work out with selling/buying of the homes. But, after today's termite inspection everything is signed off on and done! Our current home appraised higher than it sold for and the inspection is complete. We have nothing we need to "fix" from the inspection. All they wanted was a structural engineer to come out and inspect the foundation. We had to pay for 1/2 of that inspection but everything is good and we're moving forward. I was nervous about that one because if they found out something they didn't like they wanted us to pay to fix it or they wanted out of the contract. Whew! I was nervous. That inspection was yesterday and everything is good. So, 15 days until closing (April 30) and 16 days before moving day! I am so excited. Better get packing...

3 comments:

Cara said...

I'm glad the inspection went well! Happy Packing! My only advice is to carefully label every box with every item that is in it. Also label what room in the new house you want it to go in. That way since you won't be there that day the guys will know where to put it.

kara Forston said...

Yay! Congratulations!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's great! I totally agree with Cara about the boxes. It made it so much easier when Curtis and I moved and definitely makes it easier when you have much more space and more than 1 floor to take boxes to. We will be glad to come help put stuff away and/or paint if you need us! Or we can babysit!!