July 3, 2008

The house...I think it's over.

So needless to say, I haven't updated you on the house for a while. The updates would've had to come multiple times a day because Mr. Realtor man (who I now despise) was changing things by the minute it seemed. Yesterday I received a phone call from our wonderful realtor that he wanted to close on Monday. I said ok, we can pack and close then. A little while later she called and said he can't close until at least the 15th due to getting his loan. We said, ok, we can close on the 15th. Anyway, we decided against using his wife as the loan officer because she did several things that made us feel uncomfortable using her services. We decided to go with another company. It was stated in the contract that we could use his wife or another loan company and if we used his wife he'd pay $3000 in closing. If we used someone else he'd pay $2000 in closing. I think he became upset about us choosing to not use his wife. Last night he told our realtor a big list of things he wanted to change on the contract. She told him he couldn't, we had a signed contract. This morning he called and told her he wanted out, he had a better offer. We had to release the contract by noon or he was taking it to a judge. We decided we'd go to mediation since we've done nothing wrong and have a valid contract rather than just let him off the hook. Around 1:30 she called and said she received a fax from his loan officer stating that he couldn't get his loan to buy our house. That is a bunch of bull. He was already pre-approved. So it's over. He got his way. We're out over $750. Andy was going to call our realtor back and see if there is anything else we can do to possibly get some more money back from the appraisal or something. How is it fair that he was pre-approved and now, because he wants out, he can just call his loan officer and have them write a letter saying he can no longer get the loan for our house? Ridiculous. He is not a nice man. I feel sorry for the people he already has wanting the house. I'm sure they were offering him more money. So. The house search starts over. I have some very mean things to say about him and his shady ways but I'm keeping them to myself. You can think your own mean nasty thoughts of him for me. He is horrible. I guess the good news is we never have to deal with him again. He was making things awful.
I am very sad and disapointed though. I had finally believed as of YESTERDAY that it was actually going to happen. I liked that house. But I've got to trust in Him and know the His plan is greater than mine. God has a plan. I just want to know it. Like 2 1/2 months ago when this whole house thing started.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I know how hard it is to want something you can't have. Keep your chin up! I will keep praying that YOUR house will find you SOON! Just think of it this way....you won't be experiencing your own version of the "Money Pit"! :)

Erin said...

Man that sucks. I pray that you find something much better and soon. It may not seem like it now, but it will all work out.

Anonymous said...

Well, I have thought lots and lots of bad thoughts about that man and have called him some really nasty names to myself.

Remember, there's always the house on Winthrop!!