June 12, 2009

Delicious Pasta Salad

I'm trying to get caught up on blogging, can you tell?! This is a great recipe for pasta salad. It is delicious! I made it last night and we really enjoyed it.

Pasta Salad
1 box bowtie pasta, cooked al dente
1 pkg/jar of sundried tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
4-8 garlic cloves, minced ( I used 4 since they were pretty big ones)
1 cup chopped fresh basil
2 T. chopped fresh mint
1 t. salt
1 t. fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (recipe calls for 3/4 tsp)
1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil (I used about 1/4 cup but recipe calls for 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 pkg pine nuts, toasted



Mix all ingredients except pine nuts and add to cooked pasta. Just before serving add in pine nuts so they aren't soggy. When I made this I used 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (original recipe calls for 3/4 tsp.) and it had a bite. It would be delicious with grilled chicken breasts to make it a full meal. Could also add black olives!
I really need to make myself take pictures of the recipes I post.

No comments: