June 11, 2009

Yummy Snack Recipe

My friend Jenn makes a great snack mix. I've now made it twice and everyone who has tried it really likes it. Yesterday I made a batch. I had left it on top of the stove in the glass 9x13 to cool. I sent Cara home with some and Andy and I ate a little as it cooled. Then I ruined the rest. :(
I turned on the wrong burner to cook spaghetti and burned the mix. Thankfully the glass didn't shatter. All of the snack mix tasted charred so I had to throw it away. I sure was mad at myself!

Jenn's Snack Mix
8 cups Quaker Oat Squares
1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 T soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder

Preheat oven to 250. Combine cereal, noodles and nuts in a large bowl. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over dry mix. Stir. Pour into 9x13 and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Gayla said...

My favorite!!