June 21, 2008

New Recipes

Okay, remember when I told you I really liked the new blog I found, Annie's Eats? Well this week I've tried a bunch of new recipes from her blog!
One night for dinner this week I made Chicken Quesadillas with White and Black Bean Dip. Very good. Click the name of each for the link to her blog with the recipe. I made a couple changes to the quesadillas - I cut the red pepper t0 1/4 tsp. because of my boys and I just used a skillet to cook the quesadillas so mine didn't have the fancy grill marks! It was still very yummy.

Tonight I made Spaghetti and Meatballs. The boys and I really liked this dinner. It made a ton of sauce so I froze 1/2 of it and saved enough in the fridge for leftovers. I followed her directions and made the meatballs about 2 T. in size and found they weren't cooked through in 20 min. so I turned the heat up and cooked them another 6 minutes or so. I might make them a little smaller next time. I also did not put mozzarella cheese in the middle of the meatballs. Just plain meatballs. I'm usually a spaghetti sauce from a jar kind of cook but this was easy and good!

Tonight, after getting the boys to bed I made 3 different muffin recipes off the blog- from SCRATCH!! No, they're not all for me!!! I am taking a basket of muffins to a friend at church who recently had a baby. Got that idea off of the blog too! I chose to make the Cinnamon Buttermilk Muffins- I'm calling them Cinnamon Sugar Muffins, Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Muffins (let's call those Double Chocolate Muffins), and the Blueberry Muffins. The recipes weren't difficult at all. I've only eaten 1 muffin tonight- a Cinnamon Sugar Muffin. Man, it was GOOD! Very light and fluffy. I am not a milk drinker and I had to have a small glass of milk after that. I hope the others are as good!

I bought a cute basket at Meijer. Wilson was a little worried that I was going to give all the muffins away but I promised him there was going to be plenty. The boys both REALLY like muffins!! I'll post a picture of the basket once I get the muffins inside tomorrow! I feel like such a little homemaker...

2 comments:

Abby said...

Wow you have been quiet the Betty Crocker!!! I bet they all tasted fabulous!!

Debbie said...

I have a favorite muffin that calls for oatmeal, applesauce, chocolate chips....they are so good, but they fall apart easily! If you wait for them to completely cool, they are fine. However, I usually "piece" them together while they are still warm!