June 10, 2008

Skillet-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie

I've been making this for several years and it is so good! Andy had a graduation dinner Saturday night for the 3 youth that just graduated and their families. I was the chef, along with his help and my mom's advice! I knew I wanted to make Cranberry Chicken so then mom and I decided on green bean casserole, salad, rolls, and rice. It was a good meal! I wanted the dessert to be yummy but simple so I settled on the skillet cookie. It reminded me how delicious it is since I haven't made it in a long time. I've made the cranberry chicken for several people and am always asked for the recipe so I'll post it too!

Cranberry Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup water
1 envelope lipton onion soup
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
Mix the last three ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Or you can throw it in a crockpot for a couple hours.

Skillet-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (recipe suggests using 1/2 milk chocolate and 1/2 semi-sweet)
vanilla icecream

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl cream butter and sugars about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; mix. Add flour mixture, beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour dough into a 10 inch iron skillet. Press to cover bottom of pan. Bake until edges are brown and top is golden, 40-45 minutes. Don't overbake, cookie will continue to cook a few minutes out of the oven. Serve in wedges with vanilla icecream!

1 comment:

Gayla said...

When I grow up, I want to be a chef like you!!!