September 18, 2008

C-Section Part II



So I'll pick up on Saturday, September 13th, the day after Tyler was born. After my catheter was out etc I was off bed rest. I ate a clear liquid diet again for breakfast and lunch. So at this point I hadn't eaten food since Thursday dinner and a handful of pretzels before I went to bed that night. The first time I got up to walk to the bathroom I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it. The nurse and Andy were helping me. By the time I was getting back into the bed tears were streaming because I was in so much pain. Later I repeated the whole thing and cried again because it hurt so badly. The pediatrician came in and updated us on Tyler, he was slightly jaundiced and dropped to 8lbs 13oz. When he was born his right cheek was really pink compared to his left cheek. I think it is because the placenta was up against his face in the womb. So we discussed the possibility of it being a birthmark etc. All morning...unitl 2PM we were waiting on the on call OB doctor, not my Dr. S. to come and say the IV could come out and I could eat real food. Finally showed up so out came the IV (hooray!) and then I got to eat a yummy sandwich Cara had brought me from Great Harvest. and the cookie! Cara came to visit at lunch time. The boys and mom had come to visit earlier in the morning and then mom took them to the children's museum. Heather, Holly, and Sarah came for a visit on Heather's b-day! My grandparents came, Stephanie came back so Meghan could meet Ty and later on David and Daniel came from church. That was about the gist of the day as far as I can remember. Tyler was eating great and sleeping and I was enjoying some HGTV at the hospital, just hating to get up because it hurt so bad. Crying baby calling, he's hungry. Day 3 brings a little more drama...stay tuned!

No comments: