September 1, 2008

Summer Reading



















During the school year I don't have much time to read- I just read my Real Simple magazine and Everyday Food magazine. Occasionally I have a book I'm working on. So, in the summer I make up for not getting to read many novels. I found pics of all the books I remember reading from this summer. They were all good - but the main reason for this post is about 1 book in particular. The Shack. My mom read the book and then ordered a bunch of copies and passed them out and said "You have to read this!". So I started reading. I just finished this book last week. It's good. It is a book that will challenge what you think about God and your perceptions of who God is. It was amazing. It was not a light read - a quick read, yes, but one that really makes you think. I can't tell you much more other than you should read it! Andy is going to read it next, MIL orders and he doesn't read fiction. I'm very interested to see what he thinks and to then be able to discuss the book with him!

I'm reading Twilight now - there are 3 more books in the series (Maternity Leave!!) and then I need to continue reading Harry Potter. And watching my Friends episodes. This girl has got a plan! Remember these posts I used to do about my all time favorite show? Season 3
Season 2
Season 1

1 comment:

Boo said...

Oh, I need to borrow the Shack when Andy's finished! Enjoy Twilight!! :)