July 6, 2007

I Love Thursdays!


Yes, I know today is Friday. I just wanted to tell you why I love Thursdays! My mom, sister, maw-maw and I all joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) together. Each Thursday we get to pick up a basket full of fresh veggies! Just look at all of the fresh produce! This week the basket had tomatos, corn on the cob, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumbers, fennel, arugula, green onions, some green leafy veggie called mizuna, and cilantro. It is fun to see what will be in the basket each week and to read the info about each veggie in the farm newsletter. Last night we had tacos (one of Andy's favorites!). I thought I'd just cut some fresh tomato for my taco and put cilantro on instead of lettuce. It was delicious!! It tasted like a taco you would eat at a mexican restaurant. Yummy! Getting this basket has Wilson saying things like kolrabi and fennel which is funny. Plus, he is trying new foods! He's three so we have the 3 bite rule for the veggie of the night. Luke isn't as compliant with trying the new veggies. He did try a bite of tomato last night though- but he still doesn't like them! Tonight we're going to eat some of the fresh corn, we all love that!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Alyssa, I am so glad you have started your new blog! I will keep checking in to see how you and the boys are doing. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!