July 27, 2007

It's that time again...

Well, yesterday was my first official day back in my classroom. Thankfully, Andy was able to come and help me set up all the furniture. We worked fast! My mom was able to keep the boys for an hour and we did move all the furniture in that time. Then Wilson and Luke came to school and played so I took care of them while Andy set up all of my computers and other technology stuff. He was a HUGE help! Thanks, babe! Today I went in by myself and started unpacking, throwing stuff away, and setting up. I don't know how teachers get so much stuff. I feel like I am constantly weeding out my materials and yet there is still sooo much! I made a dent today but there is still a lot of work to be done. It is so overwhelming at this point because I'm trying to get it just right! Some good news on the school front is a voluntary school "uniform" of sorts. The idea started with 1 or 2 people and now a lot of the staff are going to participate! I plan to wear khaki pants, a Clays Mill shirt, and tennis shoes everyday but Friday's. We're hoping to have jean day on Fridays like last year. I'm pumped about this because it will make getting ready for work so much simpler and I won't have to worry about not having enough "work" clothes.

Yesterday was farm fresh veggie day and we received a huge cabbage, eggplants, garlic, lots of tomatoes, broccoli, cucumber, corn, and a melon. Yum-o! I got a little bit of everything except the eggplant. I hope to try it in a later basket. There were only 2! Also, the farm has a couple days this weekend for u-pick blackberries. I hope to take the boys to see the farm where our veggies come from and pick a few berries. Lovin' the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)thing!

Today is Trey's 1st birthday! Happy Birthday Trey! Can't wait for your party! There will be pics on that later!

No comments: