August 2, 2008

Bakin' a Cake!


I'm making Andy a cake today as a thank you for all the help he's given me with setting up my classroom. It's a Reese's Cup Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. I found it on Annie's Eats. I'll link the recipe here. When I saw this entry on her blog I knew this would be a cake Andy would love. He pretty much loves anything with chocolate & peanut butter! While making the cake he sampled the batter several times and we all sampled the frosting. I don't even like frosting but this was GOOD! Luke helped me unwrap all the candy to decorate the cake. He couldn't lay down for his nap until the cake was finished! I'll let you know how it tastes after we cut it!
Edited to Add:
Yummy! The cake is so fluffy and delicious! I even enjoyed the icing. I think you could do any type of icing you like with this delicious chocolate cake. Andy's parents were over and enjoyed eating it too. We still have a lot left. I hope Andy's sweet tooth is up for this!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Too funny! I made this cake this week too! I was just getting ready to post it on my blog.

Boo said...

It looks yummy! If you have some left over I'm thinking you could finish it off at school on Monday! (hint, hint!!)

Also, I love the job/rules chart!