August 31, 2008

I love long weekends!


My mommy makes delicious desserts!!
We're having a good weekend. I was so exhausted on Friday so we ordered pizza and had salad from a bag. But I did make a delicious Apple Strudel that Andy, Luke and I enjoyed. Wilson didn't care for the cooked apples. We'll definitely make this easy recipe again! While it was baking Andy and I made our to do list for the weekend. It had 15 things on it, to which the next day I added at least 6 more things. It keeps growing - BUT we keep crossing things off too! Andy and I split up who was doing what so we can hopefully finish up the final things before Tyler Wade arrives. We have already managed to complete 13 things from the list! Go us! Still have several left but I know we're getting a lot accomplished and we still have tomorrow. Saturday morning Wilson had a t-ball game. He is playing fall ball right now and he is doing so well! He was up to bat first for his team on Saturday and it didn't phase him one bit. He is on the Brown Bear's team. Here is a great action shot of our big boy!

Yesterday after t-ball I took the boys swimming with my mom, Terry, Cara & Co. It was fun. The pool closes tomorrow so it was our last swim. I got there and realized I didn't have my bathing suit bottoms (pregnancy brain) so I called Andy and he graciously brought them to me. The water was cold but it felt so good! The boys had a great time swimming with their cousins. Then I came home and took a nap with Luke. It was just what I needed. My feet were propped during the whole 2 hours which was just what they needed! Last night after dinner we went and got our new piece of artwork framed for the living room. I can't wait to post a picture of it when it is up hanging on the wall. We've been wanting a new one for a while but realized we had different taste when it comes to what we wanted hanging on our wall. Andy found this great print of light shining through trees online for 20 bucks and we both liked it. I won't tell you how much it is costing to get it matted and framed. They even gave us 50% off - though our coupon was for 40% off... It's going to be really nice though and it is neutral so it will be hanging on a wall of our home forever!!

I have started reading Twilight, as recommended by my team teacher Jenn. I'm over 100 pages in so far this weekend. I'm sure she'll be proud of me! I'll let you know what I think when I'm done. Later today the boys and I are going over to Mom's to watch the big game and eat dinner together. Tomorrow we're celebrating Silas' 2nd birthday! I hope you are enjoying your long weekend as much as we are!

No comments: