January 16, 2009

"Snow" Day #2

Yippee! Yesterday before I even left school for the afternoon I found out we were out of school today due to freezing cold temperatures! Boy, were they right. This morning the air temperature was -2. So glad I wasn't up and leaving the house before 7am. Today I'm not sure what we'll get into. Last night I went to bed early and got to sleep until 7:15. It was nice. Though I wish I could have slept longer! The boys wanted to paint so after breakfast they sat at the dining room table and Wilson did paint by number (still working on number recognition, he did VERY well with 1-10!!) and Luke just painted with his water colors. While they painted I did school work for a little over an hour and got several things accomplished! I also made myself a yummy breakfast. Ready? It was a plain Mini bagel with egg, american cheese, pickle, and miracle whip. That was the classic breakfast sandwich my sister and her friend used to make when they were in highschool (but then it also had bacon). It is surprisingly delicious with the pickle! We always had it on toast but today I used a mini bagel because I no longer use a toaster. I cleared it off the counter for my new KitchenAid Stand Mixer!! We're all looking forward to the rest of the day!

No comments: