January 27, 2009

Snow Day #4 = Ice

Another day at home with my boys makes me a happy camper - though I'm trying not to think about May or June right now. There's nothing I can do about that! Today we were homebound due to the ice covering everything. We all took a nap except Wilson- I fell asleep with Ty on the couch and Wilson was in there playing. We did some cleaning, lots of playing, and I did some Mary Kay bookkeeping. I gave all the boys a bath and Andy's been doing some laundry. I've been on Facebook a lot reading everybody's 25 things. If you're not on FB check it out! It's a great way to reconnect with friends and to stay abreast of what's happening in their lives.

My nose is doing well! Not as sore today. I'm taking good care of it with my H2Ocean spray. It's a piercing aftercare spray. I'm to use it 3-5 times a day. I just spray the piercing and the swab around it with a q-tip. It's sterile purified ocean salt water.

Today I tried a crockpot recipe from a friend at school, Laura. It was SO good! The best part was how easy it was! I'm going to post it below. We had Jiffy corn muffins with it and I made some of Cara's famous guacamole for me. Too bad no one else in my family will touch the stuff! This recipe will be made again!!

Crockpot Mexican Chili

2 frozen chicken breasts - I buy Market Day ChicNSteakes - they can change your life!!!
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 jar salsa - My fave: Garden Fresh Gourment from Meijer - Jack's Special Mild Salsa
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder

Put frozen chicken breasts in crockpot. Dump other ingredients in and stir. Cook on high 5 hours. Mine was on high for about 2 hours then I turned it to low. At the end of the 5 hours the chicken was falling apart. Take two forks and shred the chicken on a cutting board. Place shredded chicken back in crockpot and stir. I served this in a bowl with shredded mexican cheese on top. You could add sour cream or green onions too. Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips.

Stay tuned for Snow Day #5 tomorrow!! When will we ever return to school?!

No comments: