July 24, 2008

Big Boy Bedroom

Well, we did it! Yesterday, we moved all the toys from Wilson's room out except for the train table. Then we rearranged the furniture and moved in Luke's bed and bookcase. We still need to move out the small desk and move in Luke's dresser. I went to Walmart and bought a new laundry hamper and 6 rubbermaid tubs that fit under their beds to store toys. We're really pleased with how the room is looking! Wilson is handling his new roommate well so far. We're really working on changing his thinking from "my room" to "our room". I know it is an adjustment. Thankfully the room is big and they have plenty of space. As for the multitude of toys that are still sitting in the living room (it is obscene- to embarrased to post a pic of it!) hopefully we'll be able to go through them and give some away or pack some up for storage or something... Last night they were a little silly going to bed, we had to go back in a few times and tell them to be quiet but overall the first night was a success! I think this arrangement is going to work out just fine. Here is a picture of the nameplates my mom makes each grandchild for their door- Wilson thought they should be side by side!

1 comment:

Team Mitchell & Crew said...

If you want to sell any, just let me know. You can make a little extra money at Lainie's sale the second weekend in August. I can send you the info. :)

PS - the rooms look great! You have been so busy!! I have been sooo lazy! Your nesting is starting to really kick in.