July 18, 2008

Our Big Boy!!

Luke is doing so well with his potty training!! Today, for example, he went #2 in the potty one time and went #1 in the potty all day (except for 1 partial accident-he started going in his undies and finished in the potty). He had undies on all day at home today. While we were out running errands I put a diaper on him just in case. When we got home he was dry so he went potty then! Same with his nap, put him in a diaper and he woke up dry. Then used the bathroom when he woke up! I've kept his potty in the living room so he wouldn't feel like he was "missing out" on anything while in the bathroom. It just kind of happened that way when we started working on the bathroom and I left it out there since potty training has been going so well. Yesterday he did really well too. He had 1 wet accident but wore undies the rest of the day and used his potty all day! He really likes earning his 1 skittle/m&m/chocolate chip after going potty. It will be so nice to have him potty trained before baby #3 arrives! The best news is he is even telling us sometimes "I need go potty." He can pull down his undies by himself and sit on the potty. Sometimes he only has a few drips and he says "I go little bit". I think he wants to make sure he still gets his treat!!

Today I took it easy in the morning. I think I've been pushing myself too hard. I've been having a weird pain on the right side above my hip bone under the protruding baby belly. It hurt a lot yesterday, last night, and again today. Andy and I just finished cleaning the walls in the bathroom. He repaired several holes in the walls from nails, a shelf, and the door handle. The putty was finally dry enough for him to sand and prime today. Have you heard of TSP cleaner? My mom let us borrow it to clean the wall and it works wonders! It cleaned the wallpaper paste residue and all the dirt/grime off the walls, doors, and trim. I'm definitely going to use it on my kitchen cabinets while we have it! Hopefully we'll get to start painting tomorrow. Oh and we decided to hold off on painting the shutters. Instead of only getting the soffit/fascia replaced with vinyl we're going to do the gable ends and the wood that is on the front of the house (on 1 side of the garage). That way it will all match and look nice. We were going to paint the wood ends and garage side because the wood was still good but that just too much right now. So I'm going to wait and see about the shutters!

No comments: