July 8, 2008

Why can't we get a break???

Frustrated.
Aggravated.
That's how we feel.
After our delicious dinner last night Andy and I ran over to Toyota to test drive a mini-van since we were kid free. We drove it for 10-15 minutes and checked out what they had to offer. They told us we could come back today and take one off the lot on loan to put the car seats in and try it out as a family. So today we did just that. We had the car for about 4 hours. We really liked it and Andy knew exactly what we could afford. So we went back after dinner, gave them our bottom line and waited. Listened to at least 3 different deals that never matched up to our bottom line so we walked out politely. They wouldn't come down enough. They also informed us that the previous owners of our Jetta had a fender bender and didn't tell us. We had no clue. Apparently the front bumper had been replaced after a minor accident so they weren't offering us much for our trade in. We would have actually still OWED $15 on our Jetta. Please! As we were leaving the nice sales rep said "do you want to drive the van home tonight?" I said no, we can't afford it so I don't want to drive it to just bring it back AGAIN. So needless to say we were frustrated about them not coming down enough AND finding out the Jetta had a minor wreck that the sellers did not disclose.
This morning I had to spend 3 1/2 hours at the OB. It. was. so. boring. I don't know the results yet. I finished my book and read a couple magazines. I was pricked 4 times. Took 2 walks, 1 being up to the maternity floor of the hospital to see if there were any babies. Hopefully I'll be gestational diabetes free!
We're still upset about the house falling through. That's why I chose this title. We'll just have a little pity party before we go to bed.

2 comments:

Gayla said...

FYI - When you buy a car you can get a report on it like CarFax to see all of the work that has been done on it including wrecks. The dealership also has to give you the prior owner's name so you can contact them. That's how we avoided buying a car that was in "fantastic" condition - got the previous owner's name and they had gotten rid of the car because of all the trouble it was giving them.

Anonymous said...

Bummer! Did you go to Toyota on Nicholasville?? If so, I wouldn't go there again. I got my Corolla there and the experience was AWFUL!! I liked Green's Toyota though -- they were much nicer and easier to deal with. Don't give up just yet! Everything will eventaully work out with the house, car, etc. Chin up!