July 28, 2008

Ty = Baby #3 = HUGE

Had my 32 week OB visit today to check on baby #3 or I guess I should said Tyler! I had an ultrasound since Dr. S was worried about the size of the baby at my appointment last time. Well, turns out Ty is huge. After my ultrasound Dr. S walked in my room and said "the baby is huge!". Those were the first words out of her mouth after reading the ultrasound report. I said "I know, I'm feeling it!". So, lets get technical.
I'm offically 31 weeks, 4 days pregnant.
According to Ty's measurements on the ultrasound baby is 34 week 2 days.

That is a difference of 19 days people. NINETEEN DAYS. Let me break that down for you. He's measuring about 2 1/2 weeks bigger than he should be. He weighs about 5 lbs right now from their measurements. Might not sound big to you. BUT babies put on the bulk of their weight at the end, like a pound a week or something. So does this explain the cramping in my lower right side? Yes, Dr. S said this is from stretching. To make room for more baby in my belly. "HEY TY, THERE IS NO MORE ROOM!!" Does this explain my backaches? Yes. Why I became worn out after supervising the set up of my classroom with Andy doing 90% of the work? Yes. Why I'm getting worn down emotionally? Yes. Why I feel like I can't get any bigger or carry any more baby weight? Yes. Getting the picture? I'm feeling a little fragile right now! I think I could have burst into tears 3-4 times today. But I only did once.

Dr. S wants to keep a close eye on the size of Ty so I have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. I have a dr appt every two weeks now. My doctor said "I'm worried about you working. I don't usually worry about people continuing to work, I usually tell them to tough it out. But your baby is huge and you will be on your feet all day. I'm worried." OK. This doens't make me feel good. If my DOCTOR is worried about me then that ups the anxiety level. I already knew it was going to be really hard. I go in for 2 hours to set up my classroom and my back hurts so bad...How am I going to teach all day? I'm definitely worried. She did say she didn't want me to go past 37 weeks. So I'm guessing that means my due date has changed? I was due on September 26th. If you push that up 3 weeks then that is September 5th. That means I have 6 weeks to get ready for Ty- his room, his clothes, his baby stuff- My classroom, my math units for my team while I'm on maternity leave, call and meet with my long term sub, SURVIVE...I have to stop there before I panic.
Good news- got great pics of Ty on the ultrasound including a few in 3D! I've never had 3D ultrasound pics before. He looks so cute and he will be here before we know it to complete our family! Looking very much forward to meeting our newest addition it is just so overwhelming and hard right now and there is SO much to do.
Jenn & Sarah- show me the silver lining!

7 comments:

Cara said...

Everything will be fine! Mom & I were laughing about how close his b-day will be to Silas'. We decided if we every adopt again (right now not looking promising :) Just kidding) that the only requirement will be a birthday very close to July 1!

The kids and I would love to come and help get things ready for Ty. I know that will dramatically reduce your stress level. :)

Sarah said...

Oh Alyssa, I feel your pain!!! I was SOOOO uncomfortable the whole last 2 months, and all I had to do was lie around on the couch. I can't imagine trying to put a classroom together. At least they caught it early, they didn't realize Caleb was so big until later. It will be worth it in the end! (and may I recommend a c-section? :-) Email me if there is anything I can do (sboling79@gmail.com).

Boo said...

Good lord! Well, you can sit and teach a lot...even though you normally wouldn't. And we can push you around in a rolly chair. Or even the wheel chair! We'll all work together to get you through it! :)

Gayla said...

We will just reserve the wheel chair on sharepoint and you and Keegan can roll around together! Whatever it takes to get you through!!!

Erin said...

I can understand how you are feeling so overwhelmed right now. But you can do this, just take it one day at a time. I wish I was there to help, but you have tons of family and friends around you. Use them! I know that they would love to take Wilson and Luke for a while and let you get some rest or school work done. Try not to stress out, the end result (Ty) will be so worth it! To hold a new little baby again, Heaven on Earth!

Stephanie said...

Erin is right! Use us! We will do whatever we can for you...just pick up the phone and call...no hesitating...just call!

Team Mitchell & Crew said...

You cross those crazy Math Units off that list! You hear me. Coaches and teammates do that stuff for pregnant teachers. NO WORRIES about that! Whew!

We'll get you Andrea P's big chair and just push you around like she did in the end. 37 weeks is exciting though!!! You avoid those killer last few weeks when it's "when is the day???" eating you alive!

It's going to be fabulous and you let the school planning stuff go. Hear me....? Let it go! You are covered!