July 7, 2008

House Update and Pregnancy Update

We met with our realtor today and decided we're going to go to the Greivance Committee and Ethics Committee to try and get back some of our $750. These come before mediation and don't cost. Hopefully things can be settled through the committees so we don't have to do mediation. We're going to sign the release on the house when we get that paperwork back from our realtor to sign.
Last night Andy and I spent a lot of time on the realty website. I look at it a lot so I had written down 8 different houses to show him. We looked at all of them and crossed 2 off the list. So good news, there are 5 homes we're at least interested in seeing! We're hopefully going to go look at them with our realtor sometime this week. If we see one we're fairly interested in then we'll work at getting our house up on the market. We are going ahead and scheduling our soffit/fascia and gutter replacement which we had intended to do prior to the whole house trading possibility so that the outside looks good. The roof is new as of last summer. I'll keep you posted on our new home search!

My OB office called today to tell me the results of my blood work after the glucose test. My sugar was high so now I go back and do a 3 hour glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes or not. I had to do this with Luke and it came back negative so I'm not worried yet. Just really dreading the blood being drawn from the same arm 4 times. That hurt so badly. I remember asking them if they would please use the other arm on the 3rd blood drawing and they told me they couldn't. I hate that part. I have to fast from midnight until I get there at 8:30. Then I have my blood drawn. Drink a glucose drink, and 1 hour after I finish I have my blood drawn again. Blood drawn again after 2 hours and 3 hours after drinking the nasty drink. So I sit and sit and sit there! No food for almost 12 hours. Not gonna be very fun.

Andy and I are going to the Melting Pot tonight to celebrate my completion of my National Board portfolio and test! I'm super excited. My mom is watching the boys and we have reservations for dinner. I have wanted to eat at TMP for YEARS and we are finally going tonight! I'll post about our evening later!

3 comments:

Sarabeth said...

I hope the Melting Pot is good! I told John that's where I want to go for our anniversary later this month!

Gayla said...

I hope you can get your money back on the house. The guy is such a jerk. Let us know how The Melting Pot is!!

Anonymous said...

I love The Melting Pot! We were just there a few weeks ago. Dessert is my favorite -- yummy! Hope you find what you're looking for in another house. I am still shooting darts at that other jerk!